Check out the full article by MakersPlace founder Dannie Chu on Medium:
What is MakersPlace?
Every digital creation available through MakersPlace is an authentic and truly unique digital creation, signed and issued by the creator — made possible by blockchain technology. Even if the digital creation is copied, it won't be the authentic and originally signed version.
Here is part of the article by Dannie Chu:
Our mission at MakersPlace is to build a vibrant future for digital creativity, by providing digital creators a platform to sell their art as a rare digital artwork, to collectors worldwide. In doing so, we offer digital artists a completely new revenue stream, which to many of our artists, has already proven to be more efficient and empowering that any model for selling their works.
2019 was an incredible year for MakersPlace and for the entire rare digital art community. We started with a bold mission and just a handful of equally bold digital artists who believed in this future. Artists like ArtWithFlo, Reinhard Schmid, Joe Chiappetta and a few others, provided the necessary support, patience and motivation to charge forward. 2019 was also a foundational year for MakersPlace as we invested in building a super-simple platform for artists to create and sell rare digital art, and an equally simple experience for collectors to discover and collect this new artistic medium. This proved to be a key turning point as it allowed us to end the year with a vibrant and fast-growing community, facilitating thousands of sales while connecting collectors with the digital works of the world’s leading artists.
Here are some of the highlights over the past year:
- Grew our community of artists from less than 100 members to over 1500+ — a testament to the simplicity of our platform.
- Launched and built a premier marketplace and community to discover and collect rare digital art — officially launching in April 2019. Today we offer over 15K+ rare digital artworks to discover and collect from.
- Announced our commitment to authenticating and verifying every artist on MakersPlace, with the launch of our identity management platform.
- Launched support for credit card and PayPal payments, facilitating both artists and collectors who aren’t yet familiar with cryptocurrencies.
- We became more social, allowing for collectors and artists to better connect and interact through liking, commenting and following.
- Facilitated our highest sale of a single rare digital artwork by Franco Verrascina for 10ETH ($1,450).